No products in the cart.
- Tilapia is the name for several species of freshwater fish. Although farmed all over the world.
- Tilapia is a lean source of protein that is full of various vitamins and minerals.
- Tilapia contains much less omega-3 than other fish like salmon. Its omega-6 to omega-3 ratio is higher than other fish and may contribute to inflammation in the body.
₹249.00 – ₹449.00₹249.00 – ₹449.00
- The meat of this fish is rich in zinc, which boosts the immune system. Premium Questions. It improves your immune system.
- Can catla fish be eaten during pregnancy? The Ans is Yes! Fish, as a high-protein food is always recommended by nutritionists and is also a part of many traditional cuisines. Having fish thrice a week can keep you on top of your health.
- Health benefits of Catfish Many people enjoy the flavor and taste of catfish, but it offers a variety of health benefits as well.
- Gulsha Tangra Maach is a member of any of the five species of Mystus, small-sized catfishes of the family Bagridae, order Siluriformes. Body scaleless; barbels surround the mouth. According to a report by the Directorate of Fisheries tengra fish contains 1.5 times higher calorific value than rui fish (labeo rohita).
- Catfish is known to have multiple health benefits as it has the rare Omega 3 fatty acid which keeps our hearts healthy, keeps a check on the Blood Pressure and also reduces the risk of certain types of Cancers.
- It also cures Arthritis. So surely it is one variety of Fish which we should consume regularly. Eating catfish also boosts your body’s intake of heart-healthy amino acids.
- In addition, it is noted that a single serving of catfish provides a whopping 40-percent of an adult’s daily intake of vitamin B-12, which helps the body convert food into energy. U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish also is very low in mercury, which means it is safe for consumption by women who are pregnant.
- The Bronze Featherback Notopterus notopterus gets its name from the small dorsal fin on its back. This fin stands upright and sways back and forth just like a feather in the wind.
- The adult Featherback will be a plain brown while juveniles have dark bars along the entire length of the body. The recent availability of a farm produced albino version (pictured above) is an exciting development. Common names it is known by include Grey featherback, Asian Knifefish, Featherfin Knifefish, and Asiatic Knifefish.
- filled with omega-3 fatty acids and vitamins such as D and B2 (riboflavin). Fish is rich in calcium and phosphorus and a great source of minerals, such as iron, zinc, iodine, magnesium, and potassium. The American Heart Association recommends eating fish at least two times per week as part of a healthy diet. Fish is packed with protein, vitamins
- The barramundi or bhetki is a species of catadromous fish in family Latidae of order Perciformes.
- The species is widely distributed in the Indo-West Pacific region from Southeast Asia to Papua New Guinea and Northern Australia.
- Locally caught bhetki (barramundi) is a popular fish among Bengali people, mainly dished in festivities like marriages and other important social events.
- cooked as Bhetki macher paturi, bhetki macher kalia or coated with suji (semolina) and pan fried.
₹160.00 – ₹635.00₹160.00 – ₹635.00
- Prawns deliver many healthy vitamins as well. For example, they’re a great source of vitamins A, D and E as well as vitamins B1, B2 and B3. Interestingly, irradiating crustaceans to remove bacteria increases their vitamin A and E content.
- Prawns also offer an excellent source of polyunsaturated fatty acids. These fats include the omega-3 fatty acids known to lower your heart attack risk.
- Prawns offer a number of health benefits but also contain a high amount of cholesterol, nearly 200 milligrams in a 3-ounce serving.
- Koi Fish is native to Asia, where it occurs from India east to China and to the Wallace Line.
- It is an invasive species that can live without water for 6 days.
- This species is important as a food fish in certain areas of India and in Southeast Asia, where its ability to survive out of the water for extended periods of time, provided it is kept moist, improves its marketability.
- Koi is a sweet water fish and is famous for its preparation in mustard sauce among many others.
- Pomfrets are perciform fishes belonging to the family Bramidae. The family includes about 20 species.
- Pomfret Fish very tasty single bone fish, a culnary delight.
- They are found in the Atlantic, Indian, and Pacific Oceans.
- It is a rich source of essential fatty acids (omega-3 fatty acids)and minerals.
- Nutritionist advice fishes in diet mainly for pregnant women. Pomfret fishes are high in fat content, provides calcium, vitamins A and D, and Bvitamins, including Vitamin B12.
- They contain more protein and low fat. So, these are easily digestible.
- These fishes are more popular as diet for rapid development of health at and after the time of sickness.
- Shing fish help to prevent anaemia and to increase body energy.
- Shing Fish is fresh water fish. We sell a full size fresh fish weight around 500-600 gm.
- Sperata aor is High in nutrients: Fatty fish is high in important nutrients such as Vitamin D and protein.
- In fact, they are one of the few natural food sources of Vitamin D which is mostly derived from sun’s exposure.
- Omega-3 fatty acids those are essential for your brain and body to function optimally.D
- Ayr Fish weighted around 500gm-700gm. 500 gm packet contains 7 – 8 pieces.
- Sperata aor or Ayr Fish is a single bone sea fish and is very fleshy.
₹85.00 – ₹339.00₹85.00 – ₹339.00
- A highly rich Protein fish found in fresh water small size fish specially procure from Ganga river and Narmada River.
- Help maintain a healthy heart by lowering blood pressure and reducing the risk of sudden death, heart attack, abnormal heart rhythms, and strokes.
- May prevent inflammation and reduce the risk of arthritis.
- recommends eating bata fish at least two times per week as part of a healthy diet.
- The item is dressed and cleaned. It is ready to fry, can be used to prepare fish curry and other various delicious dishes.
- The species of Pabda fish have been grouped into species groups, such as the Ompok bimaculatus group.
- Pabda fishes are small sized freshwater fish species. The body of Pabda fishes is flat in both side.
- The caudal side is narrower than head side. There are no scales in their body. Their chest is silver colored. It is rich in proteins and low in fat. It also contains plenty of minerals.
Vitamin C: – Rohu is a river fish. It is considered to be a rich source of vitamin C, which is essential for maintaining good health. It keeps diseases like cold and cough at bay and prevents other diseases related to it.
Fish protein:- is one of the best forms of protein available. It is said that sea fish has a greater content of protein. But the river fishes are not far behind. Living inland where river fish like rohu and katla are more common, it is always a good idea to bank upon the fish protein as much as possible. Be it a child or an adult, this protein is needed for growth and good health of tissues.
Brain booster: – Fish and brains are always mentioned together. Eating fish benefits the entire body, including the brain. A fish eater is seen to have better memorizing and analyzing skills along with fewer occasions of mood swings.
Mineral source:- Iron, zinc, iodine, potassium, calcium, and selenium are just a few names. The list consists of many more such essential minerals that are found in fish. The quantity may vary from one variety to another but the fact cannot be denied that fish is a rich source of minerals required by the body.
Cancer chaser:- One deadly disease that is affecting people across the world is cancer. Be it any form, the mere name of cancer is heart-wrenching. Antioxidants in fish are believed to be helpful in fighting cancer to a great extent. It could be river fish or sea fish but the idea is to have more of it.
Low fat:- Rohu is rich in protein but low in fat – what could be better than this? When you get benefits without piling up layers of fat, you know you have the ideal dish. Heart-friendly Omega 3 fatty acid is known for being heart friendly.
- The Small Shrimp (chingri) fish is mainly famous in China, India, Indonesia, Vietnam and Thailand.
- It is also the subject of an aquaculture industry, the main countries involved in this being Saudi Arabia, Vietnam, Iran and India. For this, wild seed is collected or young shrimps are reared in hatcheries and kept in ponds as they grow.
- It is low in fat and calories but is an excellent source of Protein, Selenium, and Vitamin B12 and is a very good source of Iron, Phosphorus, Niacin, and Zinc.
- Chapila a small freshwater fish Gudusia chapra of the family Clupeidae, order Clupeiformes. .
- The fish is silvery and has a dark shoulder and back.
- It attains a maximum body length of 20 cm. Its mouth is wide and teeth are absent. The tail is elongated and deeply forked.